Pitch In’s Two-Part Response Approach
Part 1 – Pitch In Virtual: an engaging, distance learning-based version of our traditional Pitch In curriculum and programmatic support, delivered by Site Leaders using a variety of online tools and resources. This will include:
- Online engagement through open cohort “hangouts” / office hours.
- Appearances from virtual guest speakers and community partners.
- Video high school tours and connections to adult champions for our 8th graders.
- Timely social work support to Pitch In families experiencing loss and grief.
- Bolstering the morale of our teachers and school admins.
Part 2 – Pitch In Fielding Essentials: this initiative will ensure that we respond to the basic needs of our students and their families, leveraging our existing community partnerships and resources to facilitate the distribution of supplies and goods. We are providing students and families with:
- Groceries, medical supplies, cleaning products, infant needs, and pet supplies.
- Technology devices and reliable internet to support e-learning.
- Personal “Pitch In Caddies” full of school supplies to support a rich remote learning environment.
- Chapter books to promote independent reading.
- A Parent Portal on our website with at-home activity ideas and remote learning resources.
- And much more!